Tuesday, June 10, 2014

32 Weeks

Well I'm approaching the end of my final pregnancy journey. It's been a doozy but I am thankful it has gotten a bit better in this last trimester. My entire body is achy and sore, my ribs are out, my neck is out, I have heartburn, I'm waddling.. and yet this is still an improvement over what the first two trimesters were. 

I'm slowly getting ready, not wanting to do it too early and risk disappointment, but also not wanting to take chances and wait until too late. Pregnancy is so weird. Plus we are discovering that we just don't have enough room in our house for all the stuff of five people. So we are getting a bit creative and obviously using the generously given storage room at my parents-in-laws place. 

I have learned a ton about my parenting since being off work which has been about 3 weeks now. I thought it would be stressful, and at times it has been, but it has also been very enjoyable. I have learned how good of a mother I am and also what I really need to work on. But most importantly I'm savoring the last months, weeks, with my two boys before everything gets turned on its head again and we start figuring it all out again. 

I have been enjoying preschool and routine a little too much. Since Eli has started four days a week preschool, Ozzy has been falling asleep on drop off and giving me an hour and a half to myself every afternoon. But in a week and a half we've got summer vacation starting and again I gotta learn it all from scratch again. 

Parenting is such a flux, you ride the waves and sometimes get sucked under by one, thrashing around at the bottom trying to get some air. Somehow you get back on your board and live to surf another day. I have been feeling very guilty that my yoga mat has not seen light of day in about 18 weeks or so, but I keep reminding myself that not all yoga is on the mat. Though I'm sure my body would appreciate the mat time, my mind has been having lots of time to practice being present and practicing acceptance.

Hopefully the weather stays cool and I do too! It should be an interesting summer either way! I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment