Wednesday, October 29, 2014

More time flies by

My little Griffy is 3 months old.

I'm not sure what it is this time, if it's just being a third time mother and more at ease, or that I've learned some things from the first two babies, or if Griffy is just an amazing baby, but he is pretty easy.

Sometimes I try to imagine if he was my first baby. Boy would I have been in for a lot heart ache and stress if I had him first and Eli second, yeesh.

Eli is an amazing boy now but as wee babe, I had a lot of trouble enjoying myself as a mother until he could walk around 9 months. Maybe he just needed to move and run to be happy, seems to still be the case, haha.

Ozzy is a huge cuddle bug and I think that's why he was a bit easier and would sleep but usually only near me. Still true to this day, loves his cuddles.

Griffy will sleep on his own for long stretches during the day but sleeps with me at night. He is by far the smiliest, happiest baby I've had. He wakes up after a 3 hour nap cranky until you pick him up and look at him then he smiles and coos and is the happiest thing you ever saw. He doesn't even think about eating for a good 15-30 minutes. He also loves his mat, his mobile, his exersaucer, pretty much everything... and everyone.

I'm happy I'm able to enjoy my last baby so much. What a blessing. I'm telling myself its because I'm better able to read him. He tells me what he wants. Maybe that's practice from the others or maybe we just have a stronger connection, or again maybe he's just easy. At any rate I'm counting my blessings. He is waking twice a night now rather than just once but oh well, I can live with that....except on mornings the big boys wake me at 4:45am, ick. Griffy's stats are rough because I'm just adding a little from his 2.5 month check up but at 3 months I'm guessing he is 16 lbs and 26.5 inches.
BIG! Ozzy was that long at 5-6 months.

Griffy needs to go to bed now. Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment