Monday, April 11, 2011

Crank....

As I mentioned in my last post, hormones are really getting to me this time. Up - Down. Bliss - Depression. Happy - Cranky. It's exhausting. I was even so cranky that when I posted on facebook that Shelly was cranky, I had to add a disclaimer that basically said "if you utter one word about how I SHOULD be feeling (aka happy that there is a beautiful growing being inside of me that in 6-7 months will come out and again change my world) that I am going to bite your head off". Must be a girl.

But seriously, I know what's going on and that it's all for the greater good but if it's one thing I've learnt in the last 2 years of my life doing kundalini yoga is that you have to FEEL your emotions, otherwise you start storing them away into chronic pain and sadness. This is not to say you need to live in these emotions (or even act out of them as I may have earlier with my comment) but you need to accept them, feel them, let them go. So moral of the story, let me be cranky. It's not like it's going to last long anyway.

In other news I'm excited to have my first midwife appointment tomorrow! I think it's probably too early to hear the heartbeat but I still have my fingers crossed. I'm going to go without Eli and really just let it be about me and baby. That feels right to me. Maybe later on Eli can come too but for at least this initial meeting, me and babe. Baby Hebert #2. Gives me shivers sometimes!!

Back to bliss.

In Eli news, he seems to be in an "I won't eat anything but bread, pasta, cheese and fruit" phase. Frustrating. Also I'm finding it really hard to feed him when I'm so nauseous. I don't know if you've heard but baby's are not clean eaters. All the food gets mushed together to form one super food with a very weird smell. I gag thinking about it. My poor friend has Hyperemesis Gravidarum and everytime I feel sorry for myself I think about poor her having to do the same things as me but sicker, much sicker.

Eli also has gone to the park 3 out of the last 4 days. We've had such nice weather! He hates the swings but LOVES the slides! The smiles I get from the slide are amazing! Such a proud mama.

He is also learning to kick a soccer ball! Every day he amazes me with something new.

I love being a mom! Annnnnd we'll end with bliss.. a far cry from crank.

No comments:

Post a Comment