Thursday, December 15, 2011

2011 in a Nutshell

I did this last year and enjoyed my year in review post so much that I had to do it again.


I will start as I did last year with how we brought in the New Year... Justin and I were ridiculously sick with the stomach flu and the three of us just watching movies in the guest room (because that's where the tv was).  Not ideal but still we brought in our first new year as a family together.
January and February I spent on my minimalist journey to live with less stuff and finance Eli's RESP.  Also in February I found out a didn't have a job to go back to after maternity leave and scrambled to find something.  January was when Eli really started his hand-eye coordination and playing became really fun.  Also in February we celebrated Eli's first birthday in style with chocolate cupcakes and a group bath afterwards.
March I worked for Christine Duncan a notary and got laid off by the end of the month.  March is also when I found out about our miracle #2 on the way:  Ozzy!  
April, Eli decided to wean himself, whether I was ready or not!  I never thought I would take weaning so hard!  This was also when we all started sleeping through the night again.  I continued looking for work with no luck.  
May I worked a day for Elections Canada.  
June we attended our first Kundalini Yoga Immersion as a family, it was so exciting to let our little guy be a part of it and feel a part of our community again for myself.  June was so exciting for me because I started teaching a regular class at my favorite yoga studio Purple Lotus.  I also participated in an awesome yoga flash mob.  I was also blessed to be a bridesmaid for my wonderful friend Amanda, Eli was a ring bearer.  I also started working again for Christine Duncan.
July started out with my 10 year high school reunion.  In July we went to another good friend Jenn's wedding.  We also started looking at houses to move into with Justin's parents.  I also participated in a moving workshop for yoga about compassion which benefitted a family in need. July was also when Eli started climbing everything!
In August we committed to the house process and put our house up for sale.  I also helped with a week long workshop with my yoga mentor Mugs in Naramata.  What an amazing experience and taught me so much about teaching.  We also took Eli to his second PNE and had an amazing trip!  I believe this is when Eli got his molars (but not 100% sure).  He got his top molars before his second set of bottom teeth came in.  Weird.
September I was nearly working full time and not much else other than another amazing Kundalini Yoga Retreat with the family.
October was mainly spent at the chiropractor as he tried to hold my pregnant body together.  I took it real easy and had a pedicure, haircut and did maternity pictures.  Grandma and Grandpa He came into town to help take Eli trick or treating as the cutest little cow.  He also got his eye teeth.
November was spent being cranky and waiting for baby who finally showed up on November 23 at 11:37 am :)
Since then the year has been a bit of a haze.  We did the usual Harris Christmas lunch with my dad's family which was so much fun, we need to see them more than once a year!  Christmas eve and morning was spent with my parents and the boys were spoiled rotten by everyone.  It was a much more handmade Christmas due to money constraints but honestly I loved that.  My mom made Eli an apron for cooking and a cute tool case.  We're going to get my Dad working on a toddler bed for him in the new year.  Christmas Day and New Years eve were spent in Westbank with Justin's Dad's family which was a total blast and again the boys got spoiled rotten.  The only other news of December was that Eli started sleeping in his big boy bed (the crib side car-ed on our bed).  New Years Eve was welcomed by fireworks waking us all up but Eli. I gave Justin a kiss and then fed a now awake Ozzy who normally now sleeps 10-1 ish in his cradle.  And even though it was an hour earlier than normal I was still so happy.  2012 is going to be an amazing year, every year gets better.

As for resolutions, I had a baby in 2010 and 2011 but I wouldn't expect one in 2012!
My resolutions are a lot different than last years, much less specific.  Though I am proud that quite a few got accomplished, this year just feels like a different approach is needed.

My resolutions are:
*Let the universe solve our housing situation.

*Change my mindset to "we have the right amount of money" rather than keeping saying I need more.
*Keep parenting from the heart with my boys and really listening to them.
*Find time for myself, it's there, I know it.


Happy New Year everyone!  Reach for whatever you want in 2012, it's attainable!

No comments:

Post a Comment