Monday, July 12, 2010

5 Months and Beach Time!

Well today is my little one's 5 month birthday. He is celebrating it by teething terribly unfortunately. I feel bad for the little guy, but he'll live and I suppose I will too. Do you think there is any chance of all his teeth coming in all at the same time so it's over, I think he has suffered enough per tooth as it is.

He is in his jolly jumper right now, bouncing away and today he learned to screech finally. I have to think of a dinosaur name for him. I already know a Sasha-dactyl and a Veloci-Jackson. Maybe an Eli-rex or Stega-Eli or a Tricer-Eli? Hmm... I will have to think more. Suggestions welcome!

The last remarkable thing he did that I want to mention is that I was sitting on the floor (bad me with my hip, oh well!) and he was sitting on my one crossed leg and he just stood up all by himself. He fell over about half a second later but he has the ability to stand up! I wonder if that means he could pull him self up on a couch or table too? Isn't that early signs of walking? HOLY CRAP! He's still trying to crawl though too, so hopefully he does that first. He's getting used to putting his knees down and pushing his front up. I would definitely guess he'll crawl before 6 months.

Anyway, I think I'll go for a walk with my little one. We have been having high 30's weather here and it's only 21 today which will be a super nice break. I'm burnt everywhere from a week of that. Oh that reminds me Eli went in the lake (both lakes) on Thursday and then again yesterday. He didn't like it but I think he could easily get used to it. After the initial shock he stopped crying but still looked quite concerned. He sat between my legs in the water and I kicked his legs a bit and he kind of liked that for a moment until a big wave hit him in the face. Water fail. Oh well, it was still lots of fun. Another great outing with "the triplet mommies" as my mom calls Amanda, Erin and I with our babes, each about a month apart.

Ok, getting a cranky boy here, needs a nap walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment