Thursday, January 13, 2011

Wonderful, wonderful Hubby :)

First of all Happy Birthday for tomorrow Justin, more on that later!

In Eli news, my precious boy just turned 11 months old yesterday. This means two things. One: he's getting so big!!! And two, I only have one, read it. O.N.E. month of maternity leave left.

I have mixed feelings about this. I really want to make a little more money, have a morning to myself so to speak, and earn enough hours to have another maternity leave. But I have to leave my little buddy!!!!

I know you're not really supposed to have a favorite age. I hear it all the time when people get asked "what was your favorite month in the first year?" Most say: "each one gets better," or "they are all great in different ways." To be perfectly honest, 9 months was pretty awesome. He could play on his own, walk and eat finger foods. OK but since then it actually has seemed to get better and better. I feel like the past two months, Eli and I have bonded so much. It's doubtful that this wouldn't be related to the fact that I have somewhat changed my attitude toward doing 90% of the Eli duties and changing to more of a parenting from the heart style of relating to Eli. It's been so exciting! He is also getting so much more of a personality. He's laughing and smiling nearly all the time! He runs towards me for hugs. He likes to cuddle with me and I can comfort him easily when he's upset.

What a period of growth I've been in lately. I went through a serious depression day as you likely saw if you read my blog often. Justin has been working ridiculous overtime and with that comes with ridiculous hours (all night sometimes). So this has meant house and Eli activities and chores are all me. I went through a poor me stage and then I really embraced this. I get to keep our house afloat and happy and bond with Eli and Justin gets to be more involved with the job he really likes and make some more money for our family. I also discovered what I miss most about Justin being gone. It's dinner time. So it made me think why? Because we talk the most during dinner time! So we came to an agreement that if he can, he will work as much as he can during the week as long as he's home for dinner, which he needs the break and the food anyway so why not? Then hopefully he can have some or all of the weekend off. I just feel bad that he can't take tomorrow off since he wanted to because it's his birthday.

Speaking of his birthday I did my first sewing project in a long, long time. I made him a hunter hut. It was a struggle the first day but once my mom helped me adjust the pattern it went well. Of course he tried it on and I have to rip it apart and make it smaller but maybe I need more patience in my life! No, I definitely do. At any rate, Justin knows my aversion to sewing and he is always looking for a hat big enough for his head that is cool so he was pretty touched by my efforts. That felt pretty good.

I just wanted to do a little tribute to my fantastic husband. He has always been fun loving and caring. I first knew I loved him about two weeks into the relationship but managed to hold out about a month before I told him. I first knew I was going to marry him when I got the chicken pox 3 months into our relationship and was the sickest I have ever been in my life and completely miserable not to mention awful to look at! Justin visited me every single day for the month I had them despite him working two jobs. He brought me movies I like and snacks (once I could eat again when the chicken pox down my throat had healed a bit). We lived together after 5 months and loved it! Always a big helper with dishes, house work and just in general. I coerced him into proposing to me by saying I wouldn't move to Quebec with him to do his masters unless we were married. He was the perfect groom. He was and still is amazing support through any physical ailments that I've suffered and always takes care of me and encourages me and pushes me to try something new. He always supports my crazy spur of the moment intuitive decisions like telling him he had to apply to SFU and it didn't matter that the deadline was in three days, ormoving on a whim back to Penticton or having a baby a year earlier than we had planned or manifesting our perfect home to buy and buy quickly! He brings home the bread so to speak, he introduced me to our spiritual path, and he always, always grounds me and makes me think about things in a different way to encourage change and growth. He's drop dead gorgeous with a smile that could melt your heart and a dark curly fro that you can't help but talk about. He has anime eyes and a heart the size of the world. He'll help anyone and everyone he can and he has the biggest dreams and ambitions of anyone I've ever known. I am so proud to call him my husband, my partner, my love, my Justin. I love you! Happy 29th Birthday!

1 comment:

  1. You are blessed to know how blessed you are. We are blessed to have both of you in our community. Fateh

    ReplyDelete